Monday, August 30, 2010

Brayden's Mischievous Monday


Brayden has had a very active and mischievous morning. I have been sick in bed and I've tried to keep him entertained, but before I woke up he got out of his room and had a little fun around the house.

The first thing I noticed when I got up to get him breakfast was a chair moved next to the kitchen counter and the waffle iron on. We had made waffles yesterday morning, but I thought the waffle iron was out of reach next to the toaster. Apparently nothing is out of reach for a two year old. Anyway, I unplugged the iron and then I noticed the case to "Ice Age" open close by. On a hunch I opened the waffle iron and found the paper inserts for "Ice Age" cooking inside.

So, now I'm exhausted and slightly fearing for my life, so I strap Brayden into his highchair, put on a Disney movie, and go back to bed. When Craig called to let me know he was on his way home for lunch, I climbed out of bed, started the oven preheating for pizza and got back in bed. When Craig got home he smelled something funny coming from the oven. He checked inside and found one of Brayden's toys from McDonald's melting on the oven rack. Apparently Brayden had placed it there earlier that morning before I got up. You can see what was left of the toy in the pictures.

Realizing that today could have been a lot worse, I decided to clean up before anything else happens. Before I put away the toaster, I felt the need to clean out the crumb catcher tray thing and found about six earrings in there. I guess that before Brayden moved the waffle iron so he could plug it in, he dropped a few earrings into the toaster. I'm glad that wasn't plugged in. Looks like it's finally time to invest in a gate.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Hope you are feeling better and i'm glad your house didn't burn down.

    ReplyDelete